ASSISTANT OPS MANAGER
Tiny Wood Stove is a small business serving the tiny living community with wood stoves, flue parts, accessories, and people to back it up. We’re passionate about simple, intentional living, and we spend our time supporting people building tiny, mobile, and unconventional living spaces. Have you seen those Tiny House shows on HGTV, and people building their homes out of old school buses or vans on Instagram? That’s some of the people we serve.
Our customer support staff are all remote employees, living in RVs, buses, and tiny homes throughout the country. We maintain a shop space in Hayden, Idaho for warehousing inventory, order fulfillment, and some light fabrication and tinkering.
Tiny Wood Stove (Tiny Supply Co) exists to SERVE our customers and employees. We serve our customers by providing valuable products, information, and support. We serve our employees by providing meaningful work that affords time and resources for living their dreams. We are passionate about the freedom that Tiny Living provides and helping our customers & employees on their freedom journey gives us deep PURPOSE. We are DRIVEN to work hard, learn and grow. We are OPEN to new ideas and feedback. We are light-hearted and have FUN at work and play. We strive for work/life balance and we reach for our dreams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone to take charge of proactively managing our warehouse operations. You should be a self-starter, a team player, passionate about service, and unquestionably dependable. Management or operations experience is a plus, but we’re happy to train as long as you’re comfortable with leadership, management, and accountability.
Starting immediately. Report to the Operations Manager and assist with resource and personnel management at our physical shop space in Hayden, Idaho.
- Supervise a small team of PRN employees performing shipping, receiving, and warehouse maintenance tasks. Coordinate employee schedules. Train new employees. Report to the operations manager regarding personnel issues.
- Pack and ship inventory quickly and accurately following our order fulfillment process. Ensure shipments reach our customers in a timely manner, in good condition, and with the correct contents. Catalog all shipping damage and order errors and make suggestions to correct the root cause. Learn about our product line and applications to catch potential problems with customer orders before they leave the warehouse.
- Maintain warehouse inventory. Regularly perform inventory cycle counts. Receive, count, and organize shipments. Keep web-based inventory up to date to reflect actual stock levels. Keep website product descriptions up to date. Receive and process returns, and refund customers according to our returns policy. Make accurate predictions and place orders for inventory and supplies on time to maintain optimal inventory levels. Work with our fabrication team to ensure sufficient amounts of in-house fabricated inventory are produced on time. Safely operate a forklift.
- Provide on-site support to our remote customer support team. Communicate with the support team via email, phone, Streak CRM, and Slack. Answer questions, provide measurements, take pictures, and perform other support tasks as requested that require physical presence.
- Communicate with customers via phone and email to provide accurate order status information and lead times. Learn about our product line and applications to assist customers with specifying products for their projects.
- General housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
Hourly pay is $18 - $22 per hour depending on experience and qualifications (after 30 day probationary and training period at $15/hour). Weekly schedule and daily hours are flexible according to your needs but must be scheduled at least a week in advance.
Part-time to start, ~25 hours a week, likely to grow to full time in the near future.