OPERATIONS TEAM LEAD
Are you looking for a career that makes a difference and supports a balanced lifestyle? Do you like to work and play hard? Do you like to serve & mentor others? If so you may be a perfect fit for our team & mission!
Tiny Wood Stove is a small business serving the Tiny Living community with wood stoves, chimney parts, accessories, and people to back it up. We’re passionate about simple, intentional living, and we spend our time supporting people building tiny, mobile, and unconventional living spaces. Have you seen those Tiny House shows on HGTV, and people building their homes out of old school buses or vans on Instagram? That’s our people!
The Ops team works out of our shop in Hayden, Idaho for warehousing inventory, order fulfillment, and some light fabrication & tinkering. Most of our customer support staff are remote employees, living in RVs, buses, and tiny homes throughout the country.
Our Operations Team handles all the shipping and receiving of products through our Idaho warehouse. This team is made up of the Full-Time Ops Manager, Full-Time Ops Team-Lead (this position) and Part-Time Ops Crew (generally high school / college young people). The Ops Team Lead position is responsible for assisting the Ops Manager and coordinating daily warehouse operations with the Ops Crew.
- Fulfills all Ops specialist responsibilities of order fulfillment, truck loading, restocking, return processing, local pick-up fulfillment, Slack communication, and general housekeeping
- Understands and able to perform critical manager functions
- Supports Ops Manager
- Identify problems and root causes
- Assist in developing, testing, and refining systems and processes
- Mentor, train, and support ops specialists
- Coordinate daily warehouse operations
- Shipping and receiving
- Keep warehouse organized and stocked for efficient and accurate inventory and fulfillment
- Inventory and supply counts
- Ensure accurate reporting of metrics as defined by the ops manager
- “Go-to” warehouse point of contact for remote team
- Forklift operator, trainer, and maintenance
- Load FedEx truck
- Coordinate customer pickups
- Local pickups
- Misc housekeeping
- Supports Ops Manager
- Local Hire: Hayden, Idaho
- Full-Time (30-40hrs/wk ~4day/wk)
- Age: 18+
- Physical Requirements: Ability to safely lift a minimum of 50lbs, and safely drag and handle packages up to 150lbs, ability to safely climb ladders carrying bulky but lightweight items, ability to work in cold or hot weather as trucks are loaded and unloaded
- Organized with attention to detail
- Proactively works for continuous improvement
- Service-minded - working to help others achieve their goals
- Desire to mentor teammates to help them learn and develop
- Cultural Fit: Cares about intentional living and work/life balance.
- We care more about the right cultural fit and someone that is service-minded over experience. We can train for specific skills on the job but can’t train for core values.
- Competitive Hourly Pay: $19hr (after $15/hr training period)
- Profit Sharing (After 1yr Vestment Period)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Growth Opportunities
- Employee Discount on Products
- Quarterly Personal Development
- Quarterly Giving Funds - to share with needs in the community