While pellet pipe will fit your stove it’s not made for the high heat of solid fuel. Pellet pipe is only rated to 570 degrees constant and 1700 degrees intermittent while solid fuel pipe is rated to 1200 degrees constant and 2100 intermittent. Pellet pipe also uses an exterior layer of galvanized pipe that can off gas with high heat.
We have taken the guess work out of small stove installations and sourced and pieced together complete kits with components that are rated for the high heat of wood burning stoves and designed to work with your space.
The VENTIS TINY HOUSE Roof Exit Kit comes with the following parts:
- 24” x 2 Double Wall Insulated Stainless Steel Pipe (2″ Clearance from combustibles)
- Roof Support Bracket (Secures & supports pipe at the roof line)
- Silicone High Temp Pipe Boot (Seals pipe to roof line)
- Roof Vent / Cap (Covers the top of the insulated pipe)
- Universal Adapter (Connects insulated pipe to single wall stove pipe)
- Interior Trim Plate (Trims out gap between pipe and interior wall for a nice looking finish)
Note: Since every installation is a little bit different you will need additional single wall pipe and may need additional double-wall pipe to complete your installation. Simply measure the distance from your stove’s flue flange to where the pipe will exit the roof then subtract 18″. This is the amount of single wall pipe you will need. This kit works best with our snap-lock single wall pipe.
This kit will put the roof vent approximately 36″ above where it exits the roof. You will need additional insulated pipe if you would like to extend higher than 36”. Insulated pipe is recommended for use outside the structure to keep flue gases hot.
Typically you want your roof vent to be above the peak of your roof line so wind gusts do not come over the top of your roof then down the vent pipe. Keeping your vent above the roof line helps prevent backdrafts.
Code for residential installation says, “3 ft minimum from roof penetration and 2 ft minimum above highest point of anything within 10 ft.”